Tuesday 28 September 1937
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Colin Berry and Edward Applebaum.
Something to Sing About, directed by Victor Schertzinger, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
On TV people were watching Body-Line.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 September 1937!
Which were the important events of 28 September 1937 ?
- Feast day of the following RC Saints Leoba
- St. Wenceslas
- French Republican Calendar - Carotte (Carrot) Day, seventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Taiwan - Teacher's Day (Confucius' birthday)
- Czech Republic - Czech Statehood Day
- Also see September 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Lorenzo Ruiz
- Colin Berry: Professor (morbid anatomist).
- Edward Applebaum: Composer.
- Bob Schul: American long distance runner.
- Alice Mahon: English union leader and politician.
- Rod Roddy: American television announcer (Born 1937).
- FDR dedicates Bonneville Dam on Columbia River (Oregon)
- Martha Raye divorces Bud Westmore
- US President Franklin Roosevelt dedicates Bonneville Dam on Columbia River (Oregon).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?