Sunday 4 September 1938
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Edge of the World, directed by Michael Powell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1938.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 September 1938!
Which were the important events of 4 September 1938 ?
- Leonard Frey in Brooklyn: New York, USA; American comedian/actor (Best of West, Mr Smith, Fiddler on the Roof).
- Clifford Dempsey: Actor (Salute), dies at 73.
- Vainio Muinonen wins 2nd European marathoner (2:37:28.8)
- New York Archbishop Patrick Cardinal Hayes dies at age 70.
- During the ceremony marking the unveiling of a plaque at Pointe de Grave, France celebrating Franco-American friendship, American Ambassador William Bullitt in a speech states, quotFrance and the United States were united in war and peacequot, leading to much speculation in the press that if war did break out over Czechoslovakia, then the United States would join the war on the Allied side.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?