Monday 5 July 1943
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Stage Door Canteen, directed by Frank Borzage, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1943.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 July 1943!
Which were the important events of 5 July 1943 ?
- Isle of Man: Tynwald Day (1266).
- Venezuela: Independence Day (1811).
- Algeria: Independence Day (1962).
- Cape Verde: Independence Day (1975).
- Church of the SubGenius: X-Day (1998).
- Armenia: Constitution Day (1995)
- Czech Republic and Slovakia: Arrival of Saints Cyril and Methodius in Great Moravia (around 863).
- Gilles Menage: French executive in a number of political posts, the head of district cabinets and state secretariats.
- Michel Bon: French business executive, former CEO then Chairman of the supermarket group Carrefour.
- Curt Blefary: American baseball player and coach (d. 2001).
- Mark Cox: English tennis player coach and sportscaster.
- Robbie Robertson: Canadian singer-songwriter guitarist producer and actor (The Band).
- Robert Sainte-Rose: French athlete who specialises in the men's high jump. Sainte-Rose competed at the 1964 Summer Olympics and 1968 Summer Olympics.
- Pierre Villepreux: French rugby player and member of the French rugby team 1999, Without a doubt, he is the best full back of the world; selected 21 times in international events. Villepreux was coach for the Italian team in 1977 and co-trainer of France’s team in 1997. On 9/16/1999 he became National technical director.
- Claude Azéma: French Catholic priest, who has served as auxiliary bishop of Montpellier, Lodève, Béziers, Agde and Saint-Pons-de-Thomières since 2003.
- Battle of Koersk, USSR begins (6,000 tanks)
- Liberator bombers sink U-535 in Gulf of Biskaye
- US invasion fleet (96 ships) sails to Sicily
- World War II: An Allied invasion fleet sails for Sicily (Operation Husky, July 10, 1943).
- Beginning of the Battle of Kursk, the largest full-scale battle in history and the world's largest tank battle at Prokhorovka village.
- An allied invasion fleet sails to Sicily.
- Conclusion of the National Bands Agreement in Greece.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?