Thursday 5 August 1943
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Serge Janquin and Nelson Briles.
Phantom of the Opera, directed by Arthur Lubin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 August 1943!
Which were the important events of 5 August 1943 ?
- St. Memmius
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Oswald
- St. Afra and her companions
- Burkina Faso - Independence Day
- Croatia - Victory Day and National Thanksgiving Day
- Serge Janquin: French politician, a member of the National Assembly of France.
- Nelson Briles: American baseball player and sportscaster (d. 2005).
- Sammi Smith: American country singer and songwriter (d. 2005).
- Rodney Pattisson: English yachtsman.
- Adam Kuckhoff: Writer, dies at 55.
- Soviet forces reconquer Orel and Bjelgorod
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?