Friday 23 July 1943
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
This Is the Army, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1943.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 July 1943!
Which were the important events of 23 July 1943 ?
- Egypt - Revolution Day (1952)
- St. Liborius
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 2 saints: St. Apollinaris
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the birthday of Haile Selassie
- Roman Empire - Neptunalia held in honor of Neptune
- Libya - Revolution Day
- Papua New Guinea - Remembrance Day
- Tony Joe White: American singer and songwriter.
- Randall Forsberg: American nuclear freeze advocate (d. 2007).
- Larry Manetti: American actor and producer.
- Tony White: American singer-songwriter and guitarist.
- Jean-Marie Demange: French politician, a member of the UMP (Union for a Popular Movement), and Mayor of Thionville from 25 June 1995 to 21 March 2008.
- Battle of Koersk, USSR ends in Nazi defeat (6,000 tanks)
- US 45th Infantry division occupies north coast of Termini
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?