Wednesday 28 July 1943
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bill Bradley in Crystal City and Lawrence Elkins.
This Is the Army, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 July 1943!
Which were the important events of 28 July 1943 ?
- St. Celsus
- St. Victor
- St. Innocent
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Nazarius
- San Marino - Fall of the Fascist Government
- Peru - Independence Day
- Faroe Islands - �lavs�ka Eve
- Canada - Commemoration of the deportation of the Acadians
- St. Sampson (a bishop)
- Bill Bradley in Crystal City: Missouri, USA; basketball player (New York Knicks), politician (Senator-Democrat-New Jersey), Rhodes scholar.
- Lawrence Elkins: football player FL (Houston Oilers).
- Mike Bloomfield: American musician, an important guitarist in American rock'n'roll who played with the biggies from the time he was 15.
- Bill Bradley: American politician, a former basketball star.
- Finis Conner: American merchandise marketer and CEO of Conner Peripherals, a PC disk drive company that specializes in keeping electronics small and fast.
- Richard Wright: English singer-songwriter and keyboard player (Pink Floyd) (d. 2008)
- President Franklin Roosevelt announces end of coffee rationing in the US.
- Italian Facist dictator Benito Mussolini resigns.
- World War II: Operation Gomorrah : The British bomb Hamburg causing a firestorm that kills 42,000 German civilians.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?