Monday 5 September 1983
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Xavier Susai and Eugen Bopp.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Maniac by Michael Sembello.
In UK Red Red Wine by UB40 was in the top 5 hits.
Cannibal Ferox, directed by Umberto Lenzi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1983
while The Name Of The Rose by Umberto Eco was one of the best selling books.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Bomberman or Mappy.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 September 1983!
Which were the important events of 5 September 1983 ?
- Xavier Susai: Australian comedian.
- Eugen Bopp: Ukrainian-German footballer.
- Pablo Granoche: Uruguayan footballer.
- Priscilla Meirelles: Brazilian model and actress Miss Earth 2004.
- Antony Sweeney: Hartlepool United footballer.
- Antonio Mairena: Spanish flamenco singer (Born 1909).
- 8th Space Shuttle Mission-Challenger 3-lands at Edwards AFB
- Lauri Peterson wins LPGA Rail Charity Golf Classic
- Elmer Trettr sets record for highest terminal velocity at 201.34 mph end of a 440-yard motorcycle run from a standing start.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1983 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Michael Sembello - Maniac
- Eurythmics - Sweet Dreams (Are Made Of This)
- Men Without Hats - The Safety Dance
- Taco - Puttin' On The Ritz
- Billy Joel - Tell Her About It
- The Police - Every Breath You Take
- Donna Summer - She Works Hard For The Money
- Bonnie Tyler - Total Eclipse Of The Heart
- Michael Jackson - Human Nature
- Culture Club - I'll Tumble 4 Ya
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?