Sunday 18 September 1983
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Maniac by Michael Sembello.
In UK Red Red Wine by UB40 was in the top 5 hits.
The Big Chill, directed by Lawrence Kasdan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1983
while Poland by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 September 1983!
Which were the important events of 18 September 1983 ?
- Also see September 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Chile - Independence Day (first junta 1810)
- RC Saints - Feast day of St Joseph of Cupertino and Methodius of Olympus
- In ancient Greece, the fifth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries.
- Juli Inkster wins LPGA SAFECO Golf Classic
- Lebanese and Syrian army battle
- New Orleans Saints' first overtime victory; beating Chicago Bears 34-31.
- George Meegen completes 2,426-day (19,000 miles) walk across Western Hemisphere.
- The rock group Kiss officially appear in public without makeup for the first time on MTV.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1983 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Police - Every Breath You Take
- Bonnie Tyler - Total Eclipse Of The Heart
- Michael Sembello - Maniac
- Eurythmics - Sweet Dreams (Are Made Of This)
- Billy Joel - Tell Her About It
- Air Supply - Making Love Out Of Nothing At All
- Men Without Hats - The Safety Dance
- Taco - Puttin' On The Ritz
- Michael Jackson - Human Nature
- Asia - Don't Cry
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 18 September 1983 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?