Thursday 6 August 1903
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Noël Le Maresquier and Philip Morse.
Pica, pica Compadrito, directed by Eugene Py, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1903
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 August 1903!
Which were the important events of 6 August 1903 ?
- Jamaica - Independence Day
- Roman Catholicism - several feasts, including those of at least 3 saints: Feast of the Transfiguration of Christ
- St. Joachim (father of St. Mary, according to Catholic tradition)
- St. Juatus
- St. Pastor
- Bolivia - Independence Day
- United Arab Emirates - H.H. Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan's Accession Day
- Japan - Toro Nagashi (Hiroshima) - Floating lantern ceremony to honor those killed by the U.S. atomic bomb in Hiroshima.
- St. Xystus/Sixtus
- Noël Le Maresquier: French architect, a recipient of the Prix de Rome, and head of 'l'École d'architecture des beaux arts' following in the footsteps of his father.
- Philip Morse: American physicist, administrator and pioneer of operations research (OR) in World War II.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1903 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Marriage is Sublime - Bob Roberts
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
What news were making the headlines those days in August 1903?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?