Monday 17 August 1903
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Reliance: Shamrock III, directed by N/A, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1903
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1903.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 August 1903!
Which were the important events of 17 August 1903 ?
- Rastafarianism - celebration of the birth of Marcus Garvey
- Roman Empire - Portunalia in honor of Portunes
- Abram Chasins: Composer.
- Raoul Follereau: French writer and journalist, creator of the World Day against Leprosy and founder of "Fondation Raoul-Follereau" which fights against leprosy and poverty, and promotes access to education.
- Hans Gude: Norwegian-German painter and academic (d. 1903).
- Joe Pulitzer donated $1 million to Columbia University and begins Pulitzer Prizes
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in August 1903?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?