Wednesday 19 August 1903
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include James Gould Cozzens and Muriel Kirkland.
Reliance: Shamrock III, directed by N/A, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1903
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 August 1903!
Which were the important events of 19 August 1903 ?
- Roman festivals - Vinalia Rustica celebrated in honor of Venus Libitina commemorating the founding of the oldest known temple to her, on the Esquiline Hill, in 293 BC on this date.
- RC saints - Saint Sebald, Saint Louis of Toulouse, Jean-Eudes de MTzeray
- Afghanistan - Afghan Independence Day see above: 1919
- National Day of the Filipino Language, Philippines - Holiday for Quezon City, Quezon Province and other municipalities named after Manuel Quezon
- National Aviation Day, USA
- James Gould Cozzens: United States -- Novelist (1949 Pulitzer-Guard of Honor).
- Muriel Kirkland: Yonkers, New York -- Actress (Fast Workers, Hold Your Man).
- James Cozzens: American author of some 16 books and many short stories which include "S.
- Claude Dauphin: French screen/stage/tv actor.
- Isabel Hickey: American astrologer and writer who practiced Humanist Astrology with a psychological approach.
- Lewis Sargent: American actor (d. 1970)
- Phillies suffer record 9th straight posponed game
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 19 August 1903
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
What news were making the headlines those days in August 1903?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?