Thursday 6 September 1917
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Richard Barr and John Berry.
Ko yue no yami, directed by Kaichi Yamamoto, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 September 1917!
Which were the important events of 6 September 1917 ?
- United States - National Stillbirth Remembrance Day in 39 states
- RC Saints - a Saint Bega or Bee of Cumbria and a Sankt Mang of Fnssen
- Bulgaria - Unification Day
- Canada - Stillbirth Remembrance Day in New Brunswick, Quebec, and Ontario
- Pakistan - Defence Day
- Swaziland - Independence Day (from the United Kingdom, 1968)
- Also see September 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Richard Barr: American director and producer of plays and recipient of many Tony Awards.
- John Berry: American-French actor director producer and screenwriter (d. 1999).
- George Mann: English cricketer (d. 2001).
- Philipp von Boeselager: German Wehrmacht officer, failed assassin of Adolf Hitler (d. 2008).
- French pilot Georges Guynemer shoots down 54th German aircraft
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1917 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- There's a Long, Long Trail A-Winding - John McCormack
- When the Sun Goes Down in Dixie (And the Moon Begins to Rise) - George Wilson & Lewis James
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?