Sunday 6 October 2002
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Rio Mangini and Cleopatra Stratan.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to A Moment Like This by Kelly Clarkson.
In UK The Tide Is High (Get The Feeling) by Atomic Kitten was in the top 5 hits.
The Rules of Attraction, directed by Roger Avary, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2002
while The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Madventures.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Delta Force: Task Force Dagger or Disney Golf.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 October 2002!
Which were the important events of 6 October 2002 ?
- Judaism - Fast of Gedalia (2005)
- Egypt - National Day or Victory Day; celebrates the results of the October war in 1973
- U.S. - German-American Day observed since 1987; Mad Hatter Day
- French Republican Calendar - �ne (Donkey) Day, fifteenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Ireland - Ivy Day, formerly honoring the Irish revolutionary Padraig Pearse, commemmorates the death of Charles Stewart Parnell.
- Also see October 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Bruno, St Faith
Famous Birthdays:06 October
- Claus van Amsberg: German born Prince Consort of the Netherlands (Born 1926).
- The French oil tanker Limburg is bombed off Yemen.
- The Limburg, a French oil tanker, explodes off the coast of Yemen, in a terrorist attack.
- Israeli-Palestinian conflict: In the West Bank village of Akraba, Jewish settlers fire upon Palestinians picking olives, shooting dead 24-year-old Hani Yusuf and wounding another. Israelis soldiers shoot dead Samir Nursi, an Islamic Jihad gunman, in a gun battle in the Jenin refugee camp.
- recent celebrity deaths: Prince Claus of the Netherlands died aged 76.
- Josemaria Escriva, founder of Opus Dei was canonized by Pope John PaulnbspII
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 6 October 2002
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2002 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?