Friday 25 October 2002
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Dilemma by Nelly.
In UK The Long And Winding Road / Suspicious Minds by Will Young & Gareth Gates was in the top 5 hits.
Anand, directed by Hrishikesh Mukherjee, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2002
while Violets Are Blue by James Patterson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Legend of the Snake Spirits.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Astral Tournament or Blinx: The Time Sweeper.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2002.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 October 2002!
Which were the important events of 25 October 2002 ?
- Day of the Romanian Army
- Virgin Islands - Thanksgiving Day : end of the hurricane season
- Republic of China - Taiwan Retrocession Day (1945)
- Also see October 25 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Feast day of Saints Crispin and Crispian; Six Welsh martyrs and companions; forty martyrs of England and Wales
- Kazakhstan - Republic Day
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 25 October
- Rene Thom: French mathematician (Born 1923).
- U.S. Senator Paul Wellstone, his family and staff, are killed by a plane accident at Eveleth, Minnesota.
- Moscow theatre siege: The Chechen separatist ampquotsuicide squadampquot released eight children but kept some 700 people hostage in a Moscow theater rigged with explosives. Diplomats waited for the gunmen to honor a pledge to free about 75 foreigners among their hostages, including Australians, Austrians, Britons, Germans and three Americans.
- Israeli-Palestinian conflict: Hundreds of Israeli soldiers backed by scores of tanks and other military vehicles took control of the Palestinian city of Jenin in response to a suicide bombing that killed 14 people.
- Kenyan President Daniel arap Moi dissolved the country's Parliament, officially starting the campaign for one of the East African country's most competitive general elections and closing his tenure as one of Africa's longest ruling leaders.
- IBM has announced that its Blue Gene petaflop supercomputer architecture will use the Linux operating system.
- The Alberta Alliance Party is officially registered with Elections Alberta.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2002 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?