Tuesday 7 April 1953
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK She Wears Red Feathers by Guy Mitchell was in the top 5 hits.
Titanic, directed by Jean Negulesco, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while The Silver Chalice by Thomas B. Costain was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1953.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 April 1953!
Which were the important events of 7 April 1953 ?
- Saint Herman-Jozef (died 1241)
- World Health Day - April 7th of every year is designated as World Health Day and celebrated by the 191 member countries of the World Health Organization to emphasize significant issues in public health of worldwide concern. Observed annually since 1948.
- The feast of Annunciation is celebrated by the Eastern Orthodox Church.
- Saint John Baptist de La Salle (d.1719)
- Mozambique - Women's Day.
- Everard Endt: United States -- Yachting (1952 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Fatih Erkoç: Turkish singer-songwriter.
- Douglas Kell: Douglas Kell English biochemist and academic.
- Katherine Ippolito: American nursery school teacher and big-time slot machine winner.
- 1st west-to-east jet transatlantic nonstop flight
- Dag Hammarskjöld is elected United Nations Secretary General.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1953 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Song From Moulin Rouge (Where is Your Heart) - Percy Faith & His Orchestra (Vocal Faliecia Sanders)
- April In Portugal - Les Baxter & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?