Sunday 19 April 1953
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK She Wears Red Feathers by Guy Mitchell was in the top 5 hits.
Shane, directed by George Stevens, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while The Silver Chalice by Thomas B. Costain was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 April 1953!
Which were the important events of 19 April 1953 ?
- Republic Day (Sierra Leone).
- Declaration of Independence Day (Venezuela).
- Easter Sunday 1908, 1981, 1987, 1992. In the Gregorian Calendar Easter Sunday falls on 19 April more often than on any other date.
- Bicycle Day.
- The Roman holiday of Cerealia ends. (Roman Empire)
- Primrose Day (England) ? primroses are placed on the statue of Benjamin Disraeli in Parliament Square, London on the anniversary of his death (1881).
- George of Antioch
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Emma
- Landing of the 33 (Uruguay).
- Patriot's Day (Massachusetts, Maine, and Wisconsin, USA).
- Cynthia Riveroll: Mexican-Italian-Scottish actress in Mexican TV soap operas since she was a kid as she left home young.
- Rod Morgenstein: American drummer (Winger Dixie Dregs Platypus and The Jelly Jam).
- Ruby Wax: American-English comedian actress and screenwriter.
- Sara Simeoni: Italian athlete, a gold medal at the 1980 Olympics and a silver in the 1984 summer Olympics at Los Angeles, CA in the women's high jump, reaching 6 ft.
- WAFB TV channel 9 in Baton Rouge, LA (CBS) begins broadcasting
- Louise Suggs wins LPGA San Diego Golf Open.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1953 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 19 April 1953 and get them!