Monday 8 February 1926
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Torrent, directed by Ricardo Cortez, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1926.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 February 1926!
Which were the important events of 8 February 1926 ?
- Nirvana Day - an annual Buddhist festival.
- Saint Jerome Emiliani.
- Saint Juventius
- Saint Mengold of Huy
- Saint Jacoba (d.1239)
- Slovenia - Pre?eren Day, the Slovenian cultural holiday.
- Boy Scouts of America - Scout Sunday; The Sunday preceding February 8 is designated as Scout Sunday and the following Saturday is designated as Scout Sabbath.
- Neal Cassady: American writer with a staccato style, a beatnik and forerunner of the hippie movement.
- Michel Bignier: French aerospace pioneer, who served as the President of the Executive Council (1967-1976) and Director General of the National Centre for Space Studies (French: Centre national d'études spatiales [CNES]), the French government space agency.
- German Reichstag decides to apply for League of Nations membership.
- Walt Disney Studios is formed.
- Sean O'Casey's ''Plough and Stars'' opens at Abbey Theater in Dublin.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1926 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- The Original Charleston - Isham Jones & His Orchestra
- Bam, Bam, Bamy Shore - Ted Lewis & His Band
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?