Saturday 20 February 1926
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
La bohème, directed by King Vidor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 February 1926!
Which were the important events of 20 February 1926 ?
- Kenneth Olsen: American electrical engineer and CEO of Digital Equipment, one of the leading computer companies of its day.
- Cameron Rusby: British Vice-Admiral.
- Bob Richards: American pole vaulter.
- Kenneth H Olsen: United States -- Engineer / founder (Digital Equipment Corp).
- Robert Eugene Richards: Illinois, United States -- Pole vaulter (1948, 52, 56 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Robert Richards: Champaign sports Champions
- Matthew Bucksbaum: American businessman and philanthropist co-founded General Growth Properties (d. 2013)
- Gillian Lynne: English ballerina choreographer and director
- Richard Matheson: American science-fiction and fantasy writer who first appeared on the sci-fi scene with "Born Of Man And Woman," 1950. He was a frequent contributor to "Galaxy" and other popular magazines and during the '60s, was a Hollywood scriptwriter. His scripts included "The Shrinking Man." At the 1958 World Sci-Fi Convention in Los Angeles, CA. he was the Guest of Honor.
- Berlin International Green Week in Berlin starts for its first time
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1926 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Sleepy Time Gal - Ben Bernie & His Orchestra
- Show Me the Way to Go Home - Vincent Lopez & His Orchestra
- I Ain't Got Nobody - Bessie Smith
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 20 February 1926 and get them!