Saturday 20 February 1926
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Kenneth H Olsen and Robert Eugene Richards.
La bohème, directed by King Vidor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 February 1926!
Which were the important events of 20 February 1926 ?
- Kenneth H Olsen: United States -- Engineer / founder (Digital Equipment Corp).
- Robert Eugene Richards: Illinois, United States -- Pole vaulter (1948, 52, 56 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Cameron Rusby: British Vice-Admiral.
- Richard Matheson: American science-fiction and fantasy writer who first appeared on the sci-fi scene with "Born Of Man And Woman," 1950.
- Kenneth Olsen: American electrical engineer and CEO of Digital Equipment, one of the leading computer companies of its day.
- Bob Richards: American pole vaulter. He competed in the 1948, 1952, and 1956 Summer Olympics as a pole vaulter, and as a decathlete in 1956.
- Robert Richards: Champaign sports Champions
- Matthew Bucksbaum: American businessman and philanthropist co-founded General Growth Properties (d. 2013)
- Gillian Lynne: English ballerina choreographer and director
- Berlin International Green Week in Berlin starts for its first time
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1926 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Sleepy Time Gal - Ben Bernie & His Orchestra
- Show Me the Way to Go Home - Vincent Lopez & His Orchestra
- I Ain't Got Nobody - Bessie Smith
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?