Monday 9 April 1945
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Gus Hardin [Carol Ann Blankenship] in Tulsa and Petter Sundt.
The Life and Death of Colonel Blimp, directed by Michael Powell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 April 1945!
Which were the important events of 9 April 1945 ?
- Saint Waltrudis
- Saint Casilda
- Saint Ingofried
- Saint Hugo of Rouan
- Day of National Unity- (???????? ?????????? ???), an annual public holiday in Georgia.
- Araw ng Kagitingan (Day of Valor, celebrated as Bataan Day in Bataan) in the Philippines.
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Jal�l (Glory) - First day of the second month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Gus Hardin [Carol Ann Blankenship] in Tulsa: Oklahoma, USA; country singer.
- Petter Sundt: Norwegian shipowner and businessman.
- Steve Gadd: American drummer (Stuff Steps Ahead and Sunlightsquare).
- Peter Gammons: American sports journalist.
- Hans Oster: German General, member of the German Resistance (Born 1887).
- Hans von Dohnanyi: German jurist, member of the German Resistance (Born 1902).
- Georg Elser: failed assassin of Hitler (Born 1903).
- Karl Sack: German jurist, member of the German Resistance (Born 1896).
- Dietrich Bonhoeffer: German clergyman, theological scholar, writer and member of the resistance movement against the Nazi regime during World War II.
- Wilhelm Canaris: German military Admiral; involved in the assassination attempt against Hitler on 7/20/1944. Discovered by the Gestapo, he was arrested and tortured to death in Flossenburg, a German prison; died 04/09/1945, 04:00 PM.
- Battleship Admiral Scheer sinks British aircraft carrier
- NFL requires players to wear long stockings.
- The U.S. Atomic Energy Commission is formed.
- Liberty ship at Bari, Italy, carrying aerial bombs, explodes, kills 360.
- World War II: The German pocket battleship Admiral Scheer is sunk.
- The United States Atomic Energy Commission is formed.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1945 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- I Don't Care Who Knows It - Harry James & His Orchestra
- Stuff Like That There - Betty Hutton
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?