Wednesday 18 April 1945
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Life and Death of Colonel Blimp, directed by Michael Powell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 April 1945!
Which were the important events of 18 April 1945 ?
- Saint Galdino (d. 1176)
- Saint Perfecto (d. 850)
- Saint Agia (Aya) (d. 707)
- Saint Timon
- Saint Ursmarus (d. 713)
- Saint Werner (d. 1287)
- Blessed Idesbald van der Gracht (d. 1167), patron saint of fishermen and Flemish nobility
- Saint Eusebius (d. 526)
- Saint Apollonius (d. 185/6)
- Marie de l'Incarnation (1566 ? 1618)
- The Cheat's Cheatday on homestarrunner.com
- Zimbabwe ? Independence Day.
- Saint Emma
- Iran - Army Day
- Christianus Geloven: Dutch homicide: the killer of two young girls on 10/10/1991, Ingrid Van de Portaele and Muriel Sanchez.
- Bernard Arcand: Canadian anthropologist and author (d. 2009).
- Richard Bausch: American author and academic.
- Robert Bausch: American author and academic.
- Margaret Hassan: Irish-Iraqi aid worker (d. 2004).
- Prince William of Wied: sovereign Prince of Albania (Born 1876).
- Ernest T Pyle: British/US newscaster, killed by Japanese gunfire on Okinawa, Japan, at age 44.
- John Ambrose Fleming: English physicist and electrical engineer (b.
- Ernie Pyle: American writer, journalist and syndicated columnist who won the Pulitzer Prize in 1943 and was killed in Okinawa during World War II.
- 1 armed outfielder, St. L Brown Pete Gray, 1st game he goes 1 for 4
- Epe freed (by corporal G van Aken)
- Clandestine Radio 1212, after broadcasting pro-German propoganda for months, uses their influence to trap 350,000 German Army Group B troops.
- Over 1,000 bombers attack the small island of Heligoland, Germany.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1945 ?
Top #7 songs in the USA
- My Dreams are Getting Better All the Time - Johnny Long & His Orchestra
- Woody Herman & His Orchestra - Laura
- Just a Prayer Away - Bing Crosby with Ethel Smith (Organ)
- Freddy Martin & His Orchestra - Dream
- Laura - Jerry Wald & His Orchestra
- Just a Prayer Away - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra
- All of My Life - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 18 April 1945 and get them!