Sunday 9 April 1944
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Gene Parsons in Los Angeles and Joe Brinkman.
Buffalo Bill, directed by William A. Wellman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 April 1944!
Which were the important events of 9 April 1944 ?
- Saint Waltrudis
- Saint Casilda
- Saint Ingofried
- Saint Hugo of Rouan
- Day of National Unity- (???????? ?????????? ???), an annual public holiday in Georgia.
- Araw ng Kagitingan (Day of Valor, celebrated as Bataan Day in Bataan) in the Philippines.
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Jal�l (Glory) - First day of the second month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Gene Parsons in Los Angeles: California, USA; rock drummer (The Byrds, Gene Clark Group).
- Joe Brinkman: American baseball player and umpire.
- Heinz-Joachim Rothenburg: German shot putter.
- Boleslaw Wallek-Walewski: Composer, dies at 59.
- Pope Pius XII publishes encyclical Orientals Ecclesiae
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 9 April 1944
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1944 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- I Love You - Enric Madriguera & His Orchestra
- Pied Pipers - Mairzy Doats
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?