Wednesday 9 August 1978
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of August people in US were listening to Three Times A Lady by Commodores.
In UK You're The One That I Want by John Travolta & Olivia Newton-John was in the top 5 hits.
Piranha, directed by Joe Dante, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1978
while Chesapeake by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1978.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 August 1978!
Which were the important events of 9 August 1978 ?
- St. Nathy (or David)
- Feast day of the great martyr Saint Panteleimon in Russian Orthodox Church
- St. Fedlimid/Felimy
- St. Romanus Ostiarius
- St. Edith Stein
- Singapore: National Day
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least ? saints: St. Jean Vianney
- Dorin Chirtoacă: Moldavian lawyer and politician Mayor of Chișinău.
- Daniela Denby-Ashe: English actress.
- Ana Serradilla: Mexican actress and producer.
- Audrey Tautou: French actress.
- Bereghost : YouTube Star.
- Yanks score 5 in bottom of 9th beat Brewers 8-7
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1978 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Commodores - Three Times A Lady
- Frankie Valli - Grease
- Donna Summer - Last Dance
- The Rolling Stones - Miss You
- Foreigner - Hot Blooded
- Taste Of Honey, A - Boogie Oogie Oogie
- Pablo Cruise - Love Will Find A Way
- Barry Manilow - Copacabana (At The Copa)
- Walter Egan - Magnet And Steel
- Andy Gibb - An Everlasting Love
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?