Monday 9 December 1901
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Odon von Horvath and Ödon Horvath.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 December 1901!
Which were the important events of 9 December 1901 ?
- Anti-Corruption Day 
- Calendar of saints: Saint Juan Diego Cuauhtlatoatzin : optional memorial
- Peter Fourier, founder of the Congregation of Notre Dame
- Also see December 9 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics); specifically the conception of Saint Anne
- Scandinavia (specifically Sweden): Anna's Day. Recognizes everyone named Anna, and marks the day to start the preparation process of the lutefisk to be consumed on Christmas Eve.
- Tanzania - Independence Day (of Tanganyika from Britain, 1961)
- Odon von Horvath: Hungarian-born writer (d. 1938).
- Ödon Horvath: Yugoslavian/austrian writer, playwright, philosopher, critic.
- Jean Mermoz: French pioneering aviator, viewed as a hero in both Argentina and France, where many schools bear his name.
- Carol Dempster: Actress (Sally of Sawdust, America), dies at 89.
- Ödön von Horváth: Hungarian-German author and playwright (d. 1938).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 9 December 1901
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
What news were making the headlines those days in December 1901?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?