Wednesday 9 December 1931
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Arrowsmith, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1931.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 December 1931!
Which were the important events of 9 December 1931 ?
- Anti-Corruption Day 
- Calendar of saints: Saint Juan Diego Cuauhtlatoatzin : optional memorial
- Peter Fourier, founder of the Congregation of Notre Dame
- Also see December 9 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics); specifically the conception of Saint Anne
- Scandinavia (specifically Sweden): Anna's Day. Recognizes everyone named Anna, and marks the day to start the preparation process of the lutefisk to be consumed on Christmas Eve.
- Tanzania - Independence Day (of Tanganyika from Britain, 1961)
- Cliff Hagan: American basketball player: forward with the Hawks.
- William Reynolds: American actor.
- Ladislav Smoljak: Czech actor director and screenwriter (d. 2010).
- Paddi Edwards: English-American actress (d. 1999).
- Baseball cuts squad from 25 to 23 players and NL continues to prohibit uniform numbers
- Japanese army attacks Chinese province of Jehol.
- Spain becomes a republic.
- The Constituent Cortes approves the constitution which establishes the Second Spanish Republic.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?