Monday 9 February 1942
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
To Be or Not to Be, directed by Ernst Lubitsch, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1942.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 February 1942!
Which were the important events of 9 February 1942 ?
- Saint Apollonia, patron saint of dentists and dental technicians
- Saint Ansbert of Rouen
- Saint Maroon's Day - Lebanon
- Charlie Morrow: Composer.
- Milos Stedron: Composer.
- Peder Lunde Jr: Norway -- Yachtsman (1960 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Carole King [Klein]: in Brooklyn, New York, USA; pianist/singer (Tapestry).
- Marianna Hill: American actress mostly working in American television.
- François Jauffret: French tennis player who holds the record for most ties played for the France Davis Cup team with 35, between 1964 and 1978.
- Carole King: American singer and songwriter, a recording artist of soft-rock, jazz-based acoustic sound with an emphasis on lyrics.
- Francois Jauffret:
- Philadelphia "Phillies" change nickname (temporarily) to "Phils".
- Japanese troops land near Makassar, South Celebes.
- World War II: Top United States military leaders hold their first formal meeting to discuss American military strategy in the war.
- In New York harbor, the USS Lafayette (formerly Normandie) is accidentally ignited by a welding torch during conversion for troopship use. While fighting the fire, too much water poured into the ship capsizes it, setting it on its side in the harbor.
- Year-round Daylight saving time is re-instated in the United States as a wartime measure to help conserve energy resources.
Make this date unforgettable
Get back in touch
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?