Tuesday 24 February 1942
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Roxie Hart, directed by William A. Wellman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 February 1942!
Which were the important events of 24 February 1942 ?
- Independence Day in Estonia (1918; the Soviet period is considered illegal annexation).
- Flag Day in MTxico.
- St. Sergius
- Dragobete in Romania.
- St. Matthias
- St. Modest
- St. Edelbert
- Blessed Ameel of Ter Duinen
- Regifugium, in the Roman calendar.
- Colin Bond: Australian race car driver.
- Paul Jones: English singer harmonica player and actor (Manfred Mann The Blues Band and The Manfreds).
- Gayatri Spivak: Indian philosopher theorist and academic.
- John Neumeier: American-born ballet dancer, the director and chief choreographer of the Hamburg Ballet since 1973.
- David Williamson: Australian writer, noted for his plays.
- David K Williamson: Australian screenplay / playwright (Removalists)
- Joe Lieberman: American politician, chosen by Al Gore on 8/07/2000 as a running mate for the Presidential race.
- Stuart Henry: Scottish disc jockey and actor who contracted Multiple Sclerosis. He died from complications of the disease on November 24, 1995 at his Luxembourg home. He was 53.
- Voice of America begins broadcasting (in German).
- The , carrying Jewish refugees from Axis-allied Romania to British-controlled Palestine, is torpedoed and sunk by the Soviet submarine ''Shch 213'', killing 768 men, women and children, with only one survivor, a 19 year old man, making it the largest exclusively civilian naval disaster of the war.The actual number of victims, including the ten person crew, is uncertain, although a recent study concludes it may have been as high as 791, of which 785 were Jewish. Franz amp Collins' book ''Death
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 24 February 1942 and get them!