Tuesday 24 February 1942
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include David K Williamson and Stuart Henry.
Roxie Hart, directed by William A. Wellman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 February 1942!
Which were the important events of 24 February 1942 ?
- Independence Day in Estonia (1918; the Soviet period is considered illegal annexation).
- Flag Day in MTxico.
- St. Sergius
- Dragobete in Romania.
- St. Matthias
- St. Modest
- St. Edelbert
- Blessed Ameel of Ter Duinen
- Regifugium, in the Roman calendar.
- David K Williamson: Australian screenplay / playwright (Removalists).
- Stuart Henry: Scottish disc jockey and actor who contracted Multiple Sclerosis.
- Joe Lieberman: American politician, chosen by Al Gore on 8/07/2000 as a running mate for the Presidential race.
- John Neumeier: American-born ballet dancer, the director and chief choreographer of the Hamburg Ballet since 1973.
- David Williamson: Australian writer, noted for his plays.
- Colin Bond: Australian race car driver
- Paul Jones: English singer harmonica player and actor (Manfred Mann The Blues Band and The Manfreds)
- Gayatri Spivak: Indian philosopher theorist and academic
- Voice of America begins broadcasting (in German).
- The , carrying Jewish refugees from Axis-allied Romania to British-controlled Palestine, is torpedoed and sunk by the Soviet submarine ''Shch 213'', killing 768 men, women and children, with only one survivor, a 19 year old man, making it the largest exclusively civilian naval disaster of the war.The actual number of victims, including the ten person crew, is uncertain, although a recent study concludes it may have been as high as 791, of which 785 were Jewish. Franz amp Collins' book ''Death
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?