Sunday 8 February 1942
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Robert Klein in the Bronx and Fritz Peterson.
To Be or Not to Be, directed by Ernst Lubitsch, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1942.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 February 1942!
Which were the important events of 8 February 1942 ?
- Nirvana Day - an annual Buddhist festival.
- Saint Jerome Emiliani.
- Saint Juventius
- Saint Mengold of Huy
- Saint Jacoba (d.1239)
- Slovenia - Pre?eren Day, the Slovenian cultural holiday.
- Boy Scouts of America - Scout Sunday; The Sunday preceding February 8 is designated as Scout Sunday and the following Saturday is designated as Scout Sabbath.
- Robert Klein in the Bronx: New York, USA; comedian/actor (Hooper, Deadly Rivals).
- Fritz Peterson: baseball pitcher (New York Yankees).
- Bob Munden: American shooting competitor.
- Jean Gol: Belgian liberal politician with the Parti Réformateur Libéral (PRL), a government minister.
- Robert Klein: American hip standup comedian, a frequent guest on the "Johnny Carson Show" and "Saturday Night Live.
- Terry Melcher: American noted family, a musician in his own right, and talented music producer, Melcher is the son of Doris Day from her youthful first marriage to musician Al Jordan. His dad committed suicide by shooting himself and Terry took his last name from his mom's third husband, Marty Melcher. When his step-dad died, it seems that some $20 million was missing from the family coffers.
- Fritz Todt: German politician, the Reich Minister for Armament and Munitions.
- US Congress advises President Franklin Roosevelt that Americans of Japanese descent should be locked up en masse so they wouldn't oppose the US war effort.
- World War II: Japan invades Singapore.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?