Monday 2 February 1942
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Kings Row, directed by Sam Wood, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1942.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 February 1942!
Which were the important events of 2 February 1942 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Veja Diena observed.
- St. Adelbald
- Catholicism - Candlemas, The Presentation of the Lord, The Purification of the Blessed Virgin Mary, World Day for Consecrated Life (also February 3 in the United States).
- United States and Canada - Groundhog Day.
- Scotland - A quarter day in the Christian calendar (due to Candlemas).
- Paganism - Imbolc (in northern hemisphere), Lughnasadh (in southern hemisphere).
- Czech Republic - Hromnice.
- St. Cornelius
- France - CrOpe Day.
- Bo Hopkins in Greenville: South Carolina, USA; actor (Dynasty, Doc Elliot, The Rockford Files).
- Barry Diller: founder (Fox-TV).
- Graham Nash: British-American musician and founding member of "Crosby, Stills & Nash" a trio that has a very unique, popular sound.
- Bo Hopkins: American actor.
- Jang Sung-taek: North Korean politician (d. 2013).
- Daniil Kharms: Soviet-era surrealist and absurdist poet, writer and dramatist (d. 1942).
- LA Times urges security measures against Japanese-Americans
- US auto factories switch from commercial to war production.
- Los Angeles Times urges security measures against Japanese-Americans.
- WWII: President Franklin Delano Roosevelt signs an executive order directing the internment of Japanese Americans and the seizure of their property.
Make this date unforgettable
Get back in touch
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?