Sunday 9 November 1975
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Gareth Malone .
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Island Girl by Elton John.
In UK Space Oddity by David Bowie was in the top 5 hits.
The Story of O, directed by Just Jaeckin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1975
while Ragtime by E. L. Doctorow was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Sneak Previews.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Pursuit or Steeplechase.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1975.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 November 1975!
Which were the important events of 9 November 1975 ?
- Roman Catholicism - Dedication of the Basilica di San Giovanni in Laterano, Cathedral of the Pope (memorial feast day)
- Also see November 9 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Cambodia - Independence Day (1953)
- Pakistan - Allama Iqbal Day (1877)
- Germany - November 9th is often called Germany's Schicksalstag (day of fate) due to the events of 1848, 1918, 1923, 1938, and 1989.
- Europe - Inventor's Day - in honor of Hedy Lamarr's birthday
- United States - World Freedom Day, to commenerate the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1975 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elton John - Island Girl
- Eagles - Lyin' Eyes
- John Denver - Calypso
- The Four Seasons - Who Loves You
- Jefferson Starship - Miracles
- Linda Ronstadt - Heat Wave
- Spinners - They Just Can't Stop It (Games People Play)
- Natalie Cole - This Will Be
- Morris Albert - Feelings
- Captain and Tennille - The Way I Want To Touch You
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?