Sunday 2 November 1975
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican). In that special week of November people in US were listening to Island Girl by Elton John.
In UK Hold Me Close by David Essex was in the top 5 hits.
Rooster Cogburn, directed by Stuart Millar, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1975
while Ragtime by E. L. Doctorow was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1975.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 November 1975!
Which were the important events of 2 November 1975 ?
- Catholicism - All Souls Day (unless on a Sunday)
- Rastafari movement - The coronation of Haile Selassie (1930) celebrated
- USA - admission day (1889) of North Dakota and South Dakota as 39th and 40th states.
- Ancient Latvia - Dveselu Diena held
- Mexico and the United States - Day of the Dead (Spanish: El Dia de los Muertos), a Mexican and Mexican-American celebration of dead ancestors.
- Danny Cooksey in Moore: Oklahoma; actor (Sam - Diff'rent Strokes).
- Danny Cooksey: American actor and singer.
- Stéphane Sarrazin: French race car driver.
- Chris Walla: American singer-songwriter guitarist and producer (Death Cab for Cutie).
- Stephane Sarrazin: French rally driver.
- Pier Paolo Pasolini: Italian film director (Born 1922).
- Summit in Houston opens - Rockets beat Milwaukee Bucks, 104-89
- Ed Giacomin as a Detroit Red Wings' player returns to Madison Square Garden, beats New York Rangers 6-4.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1975 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?