Wednesday 12 November 1975
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Chris Wells and Gretchen Durgin.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Island Girl by Elton John.
In UK Space Oddity by David Bowie was in the top 5 hits.
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, directed by Milos Forman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1975
while Ragtime by E. L. Doctorow was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Sneak Previews.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Jet Fighter or Steeplechase.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 November 1975!
Which were the important events of 12 November 1975 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Lieven (Leafwini, Lebuin); Josaphat Kuncevyc
- Also see November 12 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bah�'f Faith: Holy Day, Bah�'u'll�h
- National Holiday: Sun Yat-Sen (observed in China and Taiwan)
- In the Back To The Future film trilogy, November 12, 1955 is a key date. It is the date of the "famous Hill Valley lightning storm" which sends Marty McFly back to 1985 in his DeLorean time machine, and the date Marty gets his parents together. In Back to the Future Part II, Marty and Doc Brown return to this date to stop Biff Tannen from changing history. Doc Brown hyposthesizes that this date might hold some special significance, being the temporal junction point for the entire space-time
- Chris Wells: Calgary, Alberta -- NHL center (Pittsburgh Penguins).
- Gretchen Durgin: Miss USA-New Hampshire (1997).
- Tevin Jermod Campbell: Dallas, Texas -- Rapper.
- Nina Brosh: Afula, Israel -- Model (Drakkar).
- Dario Šimić: Croatian footballer.
- Katherine Grainger: Scottish-English rower
- Jason Lezak: American swimmer
- Angela Watson: Actress (Karen Foster-Step by Step)
- Anthony Ross: TV host (Telltale Clue), dies at 69.
- New York Mets Tom Seaver wins his 3rd Cy Young Award
- Supreme Court Justice William O Douglas retired after 36 years
- US Supreme Court Justice William O Douglas retires after 36 years.
- The Comoros joins the United Nations.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1975 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elton John - Island Girl
- Eagles - Lyin' Eyes
- The Four Seasons - Who Loves You
- Jefferson Starship - Miracles
- Linda Ronstadt - Heat Wave
- K.C and the Sunshine Band - That's The Way (I Like It)
- Natalie Cole - This Will Be
- Morris Albert - Feelings
- Captain and Tennille - The Way I Want To Touch You
- War - Low Rider
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?