Tuesday 10 August 1926
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Edwin James Nairn Carr and Marie-Claire Alain.
The Scarlet Letter, directed by Victor Seastrom, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 August 1926!
Which were the important events of 10 August 1926 ?
- Roman festivals - Opalia, festival in honor of Ops
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Laurence
- Prisoner's Justice Day - Canada.
- Independence Day in Ecuador -- Movement began in Quito in 1809. Independence not achieved till May 1822.
- St. Deusdedit
- Ancient Latvia - Labrenca Diena held
- St. Blaan
- Edwin James Nairn Carr: Composer.
- Marie-Claire Alain: French organist and organ teacher best known for her prolific recording career.
- Julian Armistead: American astrologer.
- Italian-Spanish peace treaty signed
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 10 August 1926
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1926 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Lonesome and Sorry - Ruth Etting
- Spanish Shawl - Blossom Seeley
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?