Tuesday 17 August 1926
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Fig Leaves, directed by Howard Hawks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1926.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 August 1926!
Which were the important events of 17 August 1926 ?
- Rastafarianism - celebration of the birth of Marcus Garvey
- Roman Empire - Portunalia in honor of Portunes
- George Melly: British entertainer, journalist, jazz-personality and author.
- Lewis Branscomb: American physicist, and editor of "The Revue of Modern Physics" from 1968-73.
- Margaret Eden: American worker whose car stalled on the railroad tracks as she was driving to work on 6/12/1950.
- Jean Poiret: French actor, director, and screenwriter.
- Haakon Barfod: Norway -- Yachting (1948, 52 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Jiang Zemin: Chinese politician, President of the People's Republic, 1998. Jiang Zemin's wooden public persona and his unprepossessing awkwardness may be his strongest assets. His unimpressive exterior masks a skillful politician and technocrat who has climbed the Byzantine passages of China's power structure to emerge as its chief leader, confounding detractors and supporters alike.
- Valerie Eliot: English businesswoman (d. 2012)
- Greek-Serbian / Croatian / Slavs peace treaty signed
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1926 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Bye Bye, Blackbird - Nick Lucas
- Am I Wasting My Time on You? - Lewis James
- The Blue Room - Melody Sheiks (Sam Lanin & His Orchestra)
- But I Do, You Know I Do - Ruth Etting
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?