Wednesday 11 August 1926
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Bernard Ashley and J R S Fincham.
The Scarlet Letter, directed by Victor Seastrom, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 August 1926!
Which were the important events of 11 August 1926 ?
- Brazil - Student�s Day, Lawyer�s Day, Foundation of the Law Studies in Brazil
- Zimbabwe - Heroes Day
- Taiwan - Valentine's Day
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Tiburtius
- St. Chromatius
- St. Equitius
- St. Gery/Gaugericus
- St. Susanna
- Bernard Ashley: English fashion designer / President (Laura Ashley).
- J R S Fincham: Geneticist.
- Johnny Van Derrick: Jazz violinist.
- Claus von Bulow: Danish-born British socialite.
- Claus Bülow: Danish nobleman, tall, handsome with exquisite manners and elegant dress, the prime suspect in the mystery of his wealthy wife's fall into a coma.
- Claude Engerand: Remiremont Military man
- Aaron Klug: Lithuanian-English chemist and biophysicist Nobel Prize laureate
- Claus von Bülow: Danish-English lawyer
- Cleveland Indians' Tris Speaker hits his 700th MLB double.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 11 August 1926
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1926 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Lonesome and Sorry - Ruth Etting
- Spanish Shawl - Blossom Seeley
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?