Wednesday 11 August 1926
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Bernard Ashley and J R S Fincham.
The Scarlet Letter, directed by Victor Seastrom, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 August 1926!
Which were the important events of 11 August 1926 ?
- Brazil - Student�s Day, Lawyer�s Day, Foundation of the Law Studies in Brazil
- Zimbabwe - Heroes Day
- Taiwan - Valentine's Day
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Tiburtius
- St. Chromatius
- St. Equitius
- St. Gery/Gaugericus
- St. Susanna
- Bernard Ashley: English fashion designer / President (Laura Ashley).
- J R S Fincham: Geneticist.
- Johnny Van Derrick: Jazz violinist.
- Claus von Bulow: Danish-born British socialite.
- Claus Bülow: Danish nobleman, tall, handsome with exquisite manners and elegant dress, the prime suspect in the mystery of his wealthy wife's fall into a coma.
- Claude Engerand: Remiremont Military man
- Aaron Klug: Lithuanian-English chemist and biophysicist Nobel Prize laureate
- Claus von Bülow: Danish-English lawyer
- Cleveland Indians' Tris Speaker hits his 700th MLB double.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1926 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Lonesome and Sorry - Ruth Etting
- Spanish Shawl - Blossom Seeley
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?