Friday 10 June 1983
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Flashdance...What A Feeling by Irene Cara.
In UK Every Breath You Take by The Police was in the top 5 hits.
Superman III, directed by Richard Lester, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1983
while The Little Drummer Girl by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 June 1983!
Which were the important events of 10 June 1983 ?
- Saint Onuphrius, hermit, confessor [GTZ: Augsburg]
- Saint Olivia
- Saint Bardo
- Saint Landoald, bishop [WTS (Bruges)]
- Saint Landericus, bishop of Paris, confessor [BLS; GTZ: Paris; PCP (Paris)]
- Jodocus, abbot, confessor [GTZ: LiFge]
- Blessed Henry of Treviso, confessor
- Blessed Getulius, Amancius and Cerealus, martyrs [GTZ: Trier]
- Saint Fortunatus, bishop of Trier, confessor
- Blessed priest Ward Poppe
- Saint Censurius, bishop of Auxerre
- Saint Aster (died 362)
- Saint Maurinus, abbot, martyr [GTZ: Cologne]
- Saint Anianus, bishop of Chartres
- Saint Amantius, martyr [GTZ: Metz]
- Portugal Day ? National day of Portugal, Cam)es and the Portuguese Communities
- Blessed Margaret, queen of Scotland [PRI: England]
- Roman Empire ? fourth day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Saint Evremundus, abbot [GTZ: Senlis]
- Leelee Sobieski: Movie Actress.
- Josh Ramsay: Canadian singer (Marianas Trench).
- Nick Adams: Actor (Interns, Pillow Talk, FBI Story), ODs at 36.
- Marion Barber: American football player.
- Shanna Collins: American actress.
- Texas Instruments announces that poor sales of TI 99/4A computers, software, and peripherals would result in a second quarter loss of US$100 million. The news drives the company's stock price down almost US$50.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1983 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Irene Cara - Flashdance...What A Feeling
- Michael Jackson - Beat It
- David Bowie - Let's Dance
- Culture Club - Time (Clock Of The Heart)
- Men At Work - Overkill
- Thomas Dolby - She Blinded Me With Science
- Lionel Richie - My Love
- Styx - Don't Let It End
- Naked Eyes - Always Something There To Remind Me
- Rick Springfield - Affair Of The Heart
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?