Tuesday 10 May 1938
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Merritt Ranew and Peter Davies.
The Adventures of Robin Hood, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 May 1938!
Which were the important events of 10 May 1938 ?
- Saint Gordianus
- Saint Isidore the Laborer
- Saint John of Avila
- Saint Job
- Saint Quaratus and Quintus
- Saint Peter Van
- Saint William of Pontoise
- Buddha's Birthday in Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, and South Korea.
- Saint Francis of Assisi
- Saint Solange
- The first possible day on which Pentecost may fall.
- Akshaya Tritya in Hinduism.
- Astronomy Day in the United States.
- Birds' and Trees' Day in Hungary
- Memorial Day of Blessed Damien of Moloka'i
- Celebration of the Clandestine Retreat of Ma'at and Ra in Ancient Egypt.
- Constitution Day in the Federated States of Micronesia.
- Inauguration Day in South Africa.
- Mania (mythology) in Ancient Rome.
- The marriage of Shiva to Meenakshi in Madurai, India
- Merritt Ranew: Baseball player.
- Peter Davies: Major General / Director-General (RSPCA).
- Philip Gordon Winsor: Composer.
- Maxim Shostakovich in Leningrad: Russia; conductor (Atlanta Symphony).
- Danièle Ajoret: French actress, primarily performing on stage.
- Juha Vainio: Finnish singer and songwriter.
- Marina Vlady: French actress, an exquisite blond of international fame. A graceful and intriguing leading lady, she won the best actress Cannes Award for the Italian film, "The Conjugal Bed." She originally made her film debut at the age of ten after completing ballet training.
- Danielle Ajoret: Le Raincy Actor
- Jean Becker: French director, screenwriter and actor
- Manuel Santana: tennis player (US Open 1965).
- Banning speech on anti-fascism demonstration in Amsterdam
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 10 May 1938
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1938 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- The Girl In The Bonnet Of Blue - Dick Todd
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?