Tuesday 11 February 1969
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of February people in US were listening to Everyday People by Sly & the Family Stone.
In UK (If Paradise Is) Half As Nice by Amen Corner was in the top 5 hits.
La Grande Vadrouille, directed by Grard Oury, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The Salzburg Connection by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1969.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 February 1969!
Which were the important events of 11 February 1969 ?
- World Day of the Sick.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Our Lady of Lourdes.
- National Foundation Day in Japan (See Holidays of Japan.)
- National Youth Day in Cameroon.
- Professor Leets' Day in the United States.
- National Inventors' Day in the United States.
- Jennifer Aniston in Sherman Oaks: California, USA; actress (Rachel - Friends).
- Mary Stoker: Miss Wisconsin-USA (1996).
- Kevin King: US baseball pitcher (Seattle Mariners).
- Bryan Eversgerd: US baseball pitcher (Saint Louis Cardinals).
- Joe Valerio: NFL outside corner/tackle (Kansas City Chiefs).
- Andreas Hilfiker: Swiss footballer
- John Salako: Nigerian-English footballer manager and sportscaster
- PJ Sparxx: American porn actress and director
- Shannon Long: Gladstone, Australia -- Playmate (Oct, 1988)
- Jennifer Aniston: American actress, best known as "Rachel," the sexy waitress on the immensely popular television comedy show, "Friends," which premiered in 1994.
- James Lanphier: Actor (Flight of Lost Balloon), dies at 48.
- Diana Crump becomes first US woman jockey to ride against men, Hialelah.
- Dorey Funk Jr beats Gene Kiniski in Tampa, Florida, to become NWA champion.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Sly & the Family Stone - Everyday People
- Tommy James and the Shondells - Crimson And Clover
- The Doors - Touch Me
- The Foundations - Build Me Up Buttercup
- Brooklyn Bridge - Worst That Could Happen
- Tyrone Davis - Can I Change My Mind
- The Turtles - You Showed Me
- Marvin Gaye - I Heard It Through The Grapevine
- Booker T. & The MG's - Hang 'Em High
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - I'm Gonna Make You Love Me
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?