Friday 28 February 1969
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of February people in US were listening to Everyday People by Sly & the Family Stone.
In UK (If Paradise Is) Half As Nice by Amen Corner was in the top 5 hits.
99 Women, directed by Jess Franco, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The Salzburg Connection by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1969.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 February 1969!
Which were the important events of 28 February 1969 ?
- Blessed Antonia of Florence (d. 1472)
- Saint Silvana
- Saint Rufinus
- Saint Oswald (d. 992)
- Bah�'f Faith - Day 3 of Ayy�m-i-H� (Intercalary Days) - days in the Bah�'f calendar devoted to service and gift giving.
- Saint Romanus (died 463)
- Robert Sean Leonard in Westwood: New Jersey, USA; actor (Dead Poets Society, Mr and Mrs Bridge).
- Elisa Fiorillo: singer ("Forgive Me For Dreaming").
- Shawn McEachern in Waltham: Massachusetts, USA; NHL forward (Boston Bruins, Washington Senators).
- Tor ?ivind ?degard: Norwegian middle distance runner.
- Maxine Bahns: American actress, triathlete and model.
- Danielle Egnew: American musician, actress, media personality, activist and self-described psychic known in the areas of music, film, radio and television for both performing and producing in all four genres.
- Robert Leonard: American actor, best known for his role in the movie "Dead Poets Society," 1989. He received positive notice from the critics for his portrayal of Neil Perry, the sensitive student who is driven to suicide, and his successful performance provided the dramatic core for the film.
- Shawn McEachern: American hockey player, he played left wing for the Pittsburgh Penguins, Los Angeles Kings, Boston Bruins, Ottawa Senators, and Atlanta Thrashers between 1991 and 2004.
- Patrick Monahan: Rock Singer
- Butch Leitzinger: American race car driver
- U Srinivas: Indian mandolin player and composer (d. 2014)
- Ladies Figure Skating Champion in Colorado Springs won by Gabriele Seyfert, German Democratic Republic.
- Ice Pairs Championship at Colorado Springs won by Rodnina and Ulanov of USSR.
- Ice Dance Championship at Colorado Springs won by Towler and Ford of Great Britain.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Sly & the Family Stone - Everyday People
- Tommy James and the Shondells - Crimson And Clover
- The Foundations - Build Me Up Buttercup
- The Doors - Touch Me
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Proud Mary
- The Turtles - You Showed Me
- Jay and the Americans - This Magic Moment
- Smokey Robinson - Baby, Baby Don't Cry
- Brooklyn Bridge - Worst That Could Happen
- Tommy Roe - Dizzy
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?