Sunday 11 February 1979
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of February people in US were listening to Do Ya Think I'm Sexy? by Rod Stewart.
In UK Heart Of Glass by Blondie was in the top 5 hits.
Hardcore, directed by Paul Schrader, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1979
while Chesapeake by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1979.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 February 1979!
Which were the important events of 11 February 1979 ?
- World Day of the Sick.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Our Lady of Lourdes.
- National Foundation Day in Japan (See Holidays of Japan.)
- National Youth Day in Cameroon.
- Professor Leets' Day in the United States.
- National Inventors' Day in the United States.
- Arnaud Di Pasquale: French tennis player, best remembered for his bronze medal at the 2000 Olympics, defeating Roger Federer in the semi-final after beating Swedish Magnus Norman.
- Brandy Norwood: American recording artist and entertainer, also known as Brandy or Bran'Nu.
- Brandy : American singer and actress.
- 43 million watch Elvis! on ABC
- Emmy News and Documentaries Award presentation
- Islamic revolution of Iran establishes an Islamic theocracy under the leadership of Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini.
- Khomeini seizes power in Iran, overthrowing Mohammad Rezā Shāh Pahlavi.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1979 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?