Thursday 11 January 1979
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of January people in US were listening to Too Much Heaven by Bee Gees.
In UK YMCA by The Village People was in the top 5 hits.
Invasion of the Body Snatchers, directed by Philip Kaufman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1979
while The Matarese Circle by Rob Ludlum was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1979.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 January 1979!
Which were the important events of 11 January 1979 ?
- Morocco - The Independence manifesto day.
- Japan - Kagami-Biraki (Rice Cakes Festival).
- Feast of the Baptism of Jesus.
- Roman Empire - First day of Carmentalia in honor of Carmenta.
- Nepal - Unity Day.
- Albania - Republic Day (1946).
- Darren Bousman: American director and screenwriter.
- Michael Lorenz: German footballer.
- Darren Lynn Bousman: American film director.
- Henry Shefflin: Irish hurler.
- Siti Nurhaliza: World Music Singer.
- Jack Soo: Actor (Nick Yemana-Barney Miller, Green Berets), dies at 63.
- Grand Tour opens at Palace Theater NYC for 61 performances
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1979 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 songs in the UK
- Pink Floyd - Another Brick In The Wall
- The Village People - YMCA
- The Police - Walking On The Moon
- Ian & The Blockheads - Hit Me With Your Rhythm Stick
- Abba - I Have A Dream
- Racey - Lay Your Love On Me
- The Tourists - I Only Want To Be With You
- Elton John - Song For Guy
- Donna Summer & Barbra Streisand - No More Tears (Enough Is Enough)
- Earth Wind & Fire - September
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?