Sunday 18 February 1979
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of February people in US were listening to Do Ya Think I'm Sexy? by Rod Stewart.
In UK Heart Of Glass by Blondie was in the top 5 hits.
Hardcore, directed by Paul Schrader, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1979
while War And Remembrance by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1979.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 February 1979!
Which were the important events of 18 February 1979 ?
- Independence Day in The Gambia (1965)
- Julia Greville: Perth, Western Australia -- Swimmer (1996 Olympics).
- Miniseries Roots: Next Generations premieres on ABC TV
- -52 degrees F (-47 degrees C), Old Forge, New York (state record).
- NASA launches space vehicle S-202.
- Snow falls in the Sahara Desert in southern Algeria for the only time in recorded history.
- President Zia ur-Rahmans National Party wins elections in Bangladesh.
- Amy Alcott wins LPGA Elizabeth Arden Golf Classic.
- The Sahara Desert experiences snow for 30 minutes.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1979 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Rod Stewart - Do Ya Think I'm Sexy?
- Village People - Y.M.C.A.
- Olivia Newton-John - A Little More Love
- Pointer Sisters - Fire
- Gloria Gaynor - I Will Survive
- Hot Chocolate - Every 1's A Winner
- Chic - Le Freak
- Nicolette Larson - Lotta Love
- Barry Manilow - Somewhere In The Night
- Leif Garrett - I Was Made For Dancin'
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?