Wednesday 7 February 1979
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of February people in US were listening to Do Ya Think I'm Sexy? by Rod Stewart.
In UK Heart Of Glass by Blondie was in the top 5 hits.
Hardcore, directed by Paul Schrader, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1979
while Chesapeake by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 February 1979!
Which were the important events of 7 February 1979 ?
- Blessed Eugenia Smet (d.1871)
- Independence Day in Grenada (1974).
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Mulk (Dominion) - First day of the 18th month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Sapporo Snow Festival in Sapporo, Japan (2005).
- Saints Paul Miki and his 25 companians (d. Nagasaki, 1597)
- Cerina Vincent: Miss Nevada Teen-USA (1996).
- Daniel Bierofka: German footballer and coach.
- Nicola Campedelli: Italian footballer and coach.
- Tawakkol Karman: Yemeni journalist and activist and Nobel Prize laureate.
- Jon Leicester: American baseball player.
- Supertrain, TV Anthology, Superbomb of 1979, debuts on NBC
- Faoud Bacchus scores 250 for West Indies versus India at Kanpur.
- Pink Floyd premiere their live version of "The Wall" in Los Angeles, California.
- Toronto Maple Leafs' Darryl Sittler scores NHL record ten points (6 goals).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1979 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 7 February 1979 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?