Thursday 11 October 1928
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Kriemhild's Revenge, directed by Fritz Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 October 1928!
Which were the important events of 11 October 1928 ?
- Constant Huymans: Belgium sport Champion.
- Thomas Burnett Swann: United States -- Sci-fi author (Day of Minotaur).
- Alfonso de Portago: Spanish bobsledder and race car driver (Born 1928).
- Roscoe Robinson: Jr.
- Geoffrey Tordoff: Baron Tordoff English businessman and politician.
- Thomas Swann: American author of fantasy, legend and mythology and science-fiction. Swann had a stint in the U.S. Navy during the Korean War before his education as an English professor in the mid-'60s. He traveled extensively. Some of his noted works include, "How are the Mighty Fallen," "Tournament of Thorns," "Day of the Minotaur" in 1964 and "The Weirwoods" in 1967.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 11 October 1928 and get them!