Saturday 11 August 1928
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
The Patriot, directed by Ernst Lubitsch, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1928.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 August 1928!
Which were the important events of 11 August 1928 ?
- Brazil - Student�s Day, Lawyer�s Day, Foundation of the Law Studies in Brazil
- Zimbabwe - Heroes Day
- Taiwan - Valentine's Day
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Tiburtius
- St. Chromatius
- St. Equitius
- St. Gery/Gaugericus
- St. Susanna
- Domenico La Forgia: Italy sport Champion.
- Dominique Laplane: Marseille physician.
- Jean-Claude Pelletier: French jazz musician, pianist, composer, arranger, and conductor.
- Charles Hugh Shirley: Publisher.
- Richard Barratt: Former Chief Inspector of Constabulary.
- Harvey Holford: British homicide; shot his wife to death the night of 9/14-15/1962. He and his wife had eloped in July 1960 and their child was born April 1961. In July 1962 she met millionaire John Bloom. They had a record of furious quarrels over their mutual infidelities in which he had beaten her and shaved her head. Finally he shot her in a night club that he owned.
- Arlene Dahl: American actress
- Georges Ronsse becomes world champion cyclists
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?