Friday 12 April 1940
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Herbie Hancock in Chicago and Herbie Hancock.
Flash Gordon Conquers the Universe, directed by Ford Beebe, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 April 1940!
Which were the important events of 12 April 1940 ?
- Saint Julius I
- Saint Zeno of Verona
- Saint Erkembode
- Saint Damian
- Yuri's Night, an international celebration of the first human in space, Yuri Gagarin; in Russia (and formerly in USSR), the Cosmonautics Day.
- The Roman holiday of Cerealia begins.
- Herbie Hancock in Chicago: Illinois, USA; pianist ("I Thought it was You").
- Herbie Hancock: American musician and composer.
- Bashir Ahmad: Indian-Bangladeshi singer (d. 2014).
- Woodie Fryman: American baseball player (d. 2011).
- John Hagee: American pastor and televangelist.
- NFL cuts clipping penalty from 25 yards to 15 yards.
- Italy annexes Albania.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 12 April 1940
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?