Friday 19 April 1940
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Algy Cluff CEO (Spectator and Dougal Haston.
Flash Gordon Conquers the Universe, directed by Ford Beebe, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 April 1940!
Which were the important events of 19 April 1940 ?
- Republic Day (Sierra Leone).
- Declaration of Independence Day (Venezuela).
- Easter Sunday 1908, 1981, 1987, 1992. In the Gregorian Calendar Easter Sunday falls on 19 April more often than on any other date.
- Bicycle Day.
- The Roman holiday of Cerealia ends. (Roman Empire)
- Primrose Day (England) ? primroses are placed on the statue of Benjamin Disraeli in Parliament Square, London on the anniversary of his death (1881).
- George of Antioch
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Emma
- Landing of the 33 (Uruguay).
- Patriot's Day (Massachusetts, Maine, and Wisconsin, USA).
- Algy Cluff CEO (Spectator: Cluff Resources).
- Dougal Haston: Scottish minor actor, writer and mountaineer.
- Philippe Junot: French industrialist and playboy noted for his marriage to Princess Caroline of Monaco, 17 years his junior, in 1978 for 27 months.
- Anna-Maria Tato: Italian film director, the last companion of actor Marcello Mastroianni before his death on 12/19/1996.
- Genya Ravan: American singer-songwriter and producer (Goldie and the Gingerbreads and Ten Wheel Drive).
- Lake Shore Ltd train derails, killing 34 near Little Falls, New York.
- Dutch prime minister De Geer declares state of siege.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?