Saturday 20 April 1940
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include James Gammon in Newman and Pilar Miro.
Flash Gordon Conquers the Universe, directed by Ford Beebe, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 April 1940!
Which were the important events of 20 April 1940 ?
- USA- National High Five Day
- Blessed Oda (d. 1158)
- Saint Victor (d.303)
- Saint Marcellinus
- Ridv�n begins at sunset (Bah�'f Faith).
- Festival of Matsu, Southeast Asia (2006).
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Taurus.
- Islam - Muhammad's Birthday observed in (2004)
- April 20 (4/20) is associated with 420 (cannabis culture).
- Saint Theotimus (died 407)
- James Gammon in Newman: Illinois, USA; actor (Cool Hand Luke, Nick - Nash Bridges).
- Pilar Miro: Director (Wether, Beltenebros).
- George Takei in Los Angeles: California, USA; actor (Sulu - Star Trek, Green Berets).
- Jan Cremer: Dutch writer, a journalist and artist.
- Miguel Roca: Spanish politician.
- James Gammon: American actor (Born 1940)
- 1st electron microscope demonstrated (RCA), Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- RCA demonstrates its new electron microscope in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 20 April 1940
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?