Saturday 13 April 1940
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Flash Gordon Conquers the Universe, directed by Ford Beebe, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 April 1940!
Which were the important events of 13 April 1940 ?
- Jean Le Clezio: France Writer.
- JMG Le Clezio: French novelist, Nobel laureate in Literature.
- Mike Beuttler: Egyptian-English race car driver (d. 1988).
- Lester Chambers: American singer-songwriter (The Chambers Brothers).
- Vladimir Cosma: Romanian composer and conductor.
- J Le Clézio: French author and academic Nobel Prize laureate
- Jim McNab: Scottish footballer (d. 2006)
- Max Mosley: English race car driver and engineer co-founded March Engineering
- Lester Chambers in Flora: Mississippi, USA; vocalist (Chambers Brothers - "Time Has Come Today").
- Jean-Marie Le Clézio: French author and professor. The author of over forty works, he was awarded the 2008 Nobel Prize in Literature as an "author of new departures, poetic adventure and sensual ecstasy, explorer of a humanity beyond and below the reigning civilization".
- 2nd battle of Narvik-8 German destroyers, destroyed
- Cornelious Warmerdam becomes the first man to pole vault 15 feet, Berkeley, California.
- Stanley Cup: New York Rangers beat Toronto Maple Leafs, 4 games to 2.
- The New York Rangers win the Stanley Cup. It would be another 54 years before their next win.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 13 April 1940 and get them!