Tuesday 9 April 1940
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Vasily Dmiotriyevich Shcheglov and Hans-Joachim Reske.
Flash Gordon Conquers the Universe, directed by Ford Beebe, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 April 1940!
Which were the important events of 9 April 1940 ?
- Saint Waltrudis
- Saint Casilda
- Saint Ingofried
- Saint Hugo of Rouan
- Day of National Unity- (???????? ?????????? ???), an annual public holiday in Georgia.
- Araw ng Kagitingan (Day of Valor, celebrated as Bataan Day in Bataan) in the Philippines.
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Jal�l (Glory) - First day of the second month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Vasily Dmiotriyevich Shcheglov: Russian Cosmonaut.
- Hans-Joachim Reske: German sprinter.
- Jim Roberts: Canadian-American ice hockey player and coach (d. 2015).
- Mrs Patrick Campbell: English actress (Outcast Lady, Riptide).
- Germany invades Norway and Denmark during WWII (Denmark surrenders)
- World War II: Operation Weserubung : Germany invades Denmark and Norway.
- Opening day at Jamaica Racetrack features the use of pari-mutuel betting equipment, a departure from bookmaking heretofore used exclusively throughout New York state. Other NY tracks follow suit later in 1940.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?