Monday 15 April 1940
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Edy Hubacher and Phll Lesh.
Flash Gordon Conquers the Universe, directed by Ford Beebe, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1940.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 April 1940!
Which were the important events of 15 April 1940 ?
- Major League Baseball celebrates "Jackie Robinson Day" each April 15 in all MLB ballparks.
- Saint Paternus
- Saint Petrus Gonzalez
- In the United States, April 15 is the official deadline for filing tax returns: all forms mailed to the IRS must be postmarked no later than this day, so many post offices across the country stay open until midnight to accommodate procrastinators (or those who owe tax and want to wait as late as possible to pay). (If this day falls on the weekend, as in 2006, the following Monday becomes the deadline. Additionally in 2006, Patriot's Day moved the tax deadline to Tuesday, April 18, for those in
- Father Damien Day ? celebrated annually in Hawai'i.
- Arirang Festival is held in North Korea to commemorate Kim Il-sung's birth.
- Saint Hunna.
- Saint Basilissa
- Blessed Waltman of Antwerp
- Ancient Latvia ? Tipsa Diena was observed.
- Roman Empire ? the Fordicia was celebrated in honor of Terra.
- Edy Hubacher: Switzerland -- 4-man bobsled (1972 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Phll Lesh: Rocker.
- Robert Walker Jr in New York City: New York, USA; actor (Ceremony, Don Juan 73, Ensign Pulver).
- Phil Lesh in Berkeley: California, USA; bassist (Grateful Dead - "Truckin'").
- Woodie Fryman: American baseball player.
- Jeffrey Archer: British politician and tycoon; in 1969 he became the youngest member of the House of Commons, where he served until 1974. As an author, he has consistently appeared at the top of the bestseller lists with such blockbuster stories as "Not a Penny More, Not A Penny Less," 1975, "Kane And Abel,"1979, and "First Among Equals," 1984. Worldwide sales of his books (seven by 1988) have surpassed thirty million copies.
- Robert Walker: American noted family, the son of Jennifer Jones and Robert Walker.
- Marian Zazeela: American singer.
- Eddie Mc:
- Sean Caffrey: Irish actor (d. 2013)
- Penelope Coelen: South African actress model beauty queen and 1958 Miss World
- Willie Davis: American baseball player and actor (d. 2010)
- Robert Lacroix: French Canadian professor of economics
- Yossef Romano: Libyan-Israeli weightlifter (d. 1972)
- British troops land at Narvik, Norway.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?