Monday 15 April 1940
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Flash Gordon Conquers the Universe, directed by Ford Beebe, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 April 1940!
Which were the important events of 15 April 1940 ?
- Major League Baseball celebrates "Jackie Robinson Day" each April 15 in all MLB ballparks.
- Saint Paternus
- Saint Petrus Gonzalez
- In the United States, April 15 is the official deadline for filing tax returns: all forms mailed to the IRS must be postmarked no later than this day, so many post offices across the country stay open until midnight to accommodate procrastinators (or those who owe tax and want to wait as late as possible to pay). (If this day falls on the weekend, as in 2006, the following Monday becomes the deadline. Additionally in 2006, Patriot's Day moved the tax deadline to Tuesday, April 18, for those in
- Father Damien Day ? celebrated annually in Hawai'i.
- Arirang Festival is held in North Korea to commemorate Kim Il-sung's birth.
- Saint Hunna.
- Saint Basilissa
- Blessed Waltman of Antwerp
- Ancient Latvia ? Tipsa Diena was observed.
- Roman Empire ? the Fordicia was celebrated in honor of Terra.
- Marian Zazeela: American singer.
- Jeffrey Archer: British politician and tycoon; in 1969 he became the youngest member of the House of Commons, where he served until 1974.
- Sean Caffrey: Irish actor (d. 2013).
- Penelope Coelen: South African actress model beauty queen and 1958 Miss World.
- Willie Davis: American baseball player and actor (d. 2010).
- Robert Lacroix: French Canadian professor of economics
- Yossef Romano: Libyan-Israeli weightlifter (d. 1972)
- Edy Hubacher: Switzerland -- 4-man bobsled (1972 Olympics - Gold Medalist)
- Phll Lesh: Rocker
- Robert Walker Jr in New York City: New York, USA; actor (Ceremony, Don Juan 73, Ensign Pulver).
- Phil Lesh in Berkeley: California, USA; bassist (Grateful Dead - "Truckin'").
- Eddie Mc:
- Robert Walker: American noted family, the son of Jennifer Jones and Robert Walker.
- Woodie Fryman: American baseball player
- British troops land at Narvik, Norway.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 15 April 1940 and get them!